Whether it’s because we are forced to stay connected for work or because these days it’s just so hard to completely unplug, if and when your wifi stops working, we made this wifi troubleshooting guide just for you!
Of course we always want our wifi to be working strong for you, but sometimes, and it may even happen in your own home, the wifi can go down for any number of reasons, but, luckily, simple troubleshooting usually does the trick or a lot of times, how you might solve this issue at home, is the same way we’d solve it here 🙂
Make sure you are connecting to the correct network and using the correct password.
- Location for Network and Password for all bungalows:
- Pre Arrival – In the check in doc link emailed to you
- On Site at the bungalow – In the Quick Facts Guide and house manual
- If you do not see the network listed, we will move on to step 2 🙂
Locate the modem in the bungalow. It will be located at the bottom of the TV stand in the main room.
- Unplug the power cord from the modem that is experiencing slow connection issues. Leave the power cord unplugged for about 30 seconds and then reconnect the power and reboot the device.
- Check to see if the connection is working by visiting some of your favorite websites.
If you are still suffering from the wifi blues after restarting the modem, we have 3 suggestions:
Option 1 (best guarantee for quickest results) – Contact Charter Spectrum so they can troubleshoot the device live with you and make sure it’s working.
Just Call: (833) 267-6094 and provide the address and either Michael Hamilton or Maria Feurer for account names
Option 2 – At Live Swell Beach Bungalows and we can remotely reset the device, and if that does not work, we can contact Charter and troubleshoot remotely, or come by the bungalow at a normal hour and troubleshoot in person.
Any option works! Just decide how fast you need the wifi, but we totally get that on vacation, wifi troubleshooting with Charter was probably not on the list of activities, so just choose Option 2 and we will work on getting the wifi up and running as quickly as possible, so you can……
And hey, we definitely apologize if for some crazy reason, we don’t get the wifi working, but we can say that OBX has tons of amazing things to do, just visit: Outer Banks Things to Do
There are also amazing local restaurants and markets in the Outer Banks, we are sure you will love!
We list out a few of our favorites in our Restaurant Guide